Keeping the wheels on the bus, on the bus:
The buses this year are full of energy and students! One thing I’ve noticed is how much energy is being used for unexpected behavior. It certainly takes a village to help foster healthy habits. Even though there are more riders per bus it should not mean our students should lose sight of expected bus riding behavior. We can all use a refresher every once and awhile, and hope you’ll take a minute to give a refresher to your kiddo(s) about Northwood School bus expectations.
- Be at the assigned bus stop on time.
- Wait for the bus in a manner that does not present a danger to themselves, other students, or to moving vehicles.
- Wait 10 feet from the bus, until it is completely stopped, before boarding.
- Be seated quietly at all times. All students will be assigned seats on all bus runs and are financially responsible for any damage done to seats or other equipment on that area.
- Keep arms, legs, and personal belongings out of the aisle and away from open windows.
- Refrain from eating, drinking, or smoking on the bus.
- Understand when crossing in front of the bus, do so 10 feet in front of the bus, look both ways, and wait for the bus driver’s signal before crossing.
- Obey any request by the bus driver concerning safety and conduct.
- Respond to bus evacuation procedures in an orderly manner and as directed.
- Understand there will be absolutely no fighting on the bus.
- No student will be allowed off a bus at any location other than school or the approved discharge point, unless prior written arrangements have been approved by the office.